Dr Saad Usmani – stringent Complete Response in myeloma and how he uses Hevylite
Binding Site is pleased to announce that this year at the European Haematology Association in Milan (Italy), the International Myeloma Foundation interviewed key opinion leader Dr Saad Usmani on our behalf.
Dr Usmani is the Director of Plasma Cell Disorder program and the Director of Clinical Research in Hematologic Malignancies at Levine Cancer Institute/Carolinas Healthcare System, USA. He is a specialist in Hematology, Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation. Dr Usmani is also on the editorial review board of numerous medical journals, and has presented extensively at national and international meetings.
1. The role of Freelite® in assessment of Stringent Complete Response (sCR)
Here he discusses:
- The role of Freelite® in assessing sCR in myeloma
- Why there is a role for the assessment of sCR in routine practice
- The importance of determining the depth of response
- The difference between sCR and Minimal Residual Disease (MRD)
2. The use of Hevylite® in routine clinical practice
This video includes:
- Principles of the Hevylite® assay
- Identification of immunoparesis using Hevylite®
- Use of Hevylite® in monitoring myeloma patients
- How Hevylite® can be useful in disease assessment and maintenance
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Dr Usmani and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Binding Site or any employee thereof. Specific questions regarding personal health should be discussed with a doctor. Please refer to the IFU for validated uses of the assay.